January 6, 2016UncategorizedComments Off on Children Meeting Multicultural America
Social-educational initiative Centre PLUS would like to present you our new project called „Children Meeting Multicultural America“ funded by US Embassy in Vilnius. Project aims to introduce American 20th century culture including arts, literature, music, dance, language and history to vulnerable children with fewer possibilities involving children with migration background, adopted children from foster houses, children from disadvantaged families residing in Vilnius seeking to develop their multicultural competence based on experiential and reflective learning strategies.
During next 6 months we will organize the following workshops for children:
– An opening evening of the project for parents, children and volunteers on January 31st 2016.
– An art therapy workshop on May 9th 2016.
– A gospel singing workshop on February 26th 2016.
– Multicultural awareness workshop on May 16th 2016.
– An English language and American literature course during March-April 2016.
– A reflective, experiential workshop based on drawing/painting and writing on the topic “What America Means to Me?” on May 18th 2016.
– A closing event of the party on May 30th 2016.
All of the activities are free of charge! They are open for all children (of social groups mentioned above) at the age of 7 to 13.
If you want your children to take part in following workshops, please write us and register via Facebook or email : email@example.com.